So what can be done to reduce the risk of investor fraud? Investor Verification Cheat Sheet:
1. Documents according to the scheme above. You can study in detail on the website of the APR (Agency for the Registration of Economic Entities) in the section CEOP («Central Accounting for Unified Procedures for Issuing Construction Permits»). They are searched by case number, name of the investor company and street.
Almost always, the documents themselves are attached to the results. What is convenient — in addition to other questions to the investor, you can, for example, ask “what about the groundwater that was indicated in the characteristics of the area”?
2. Also on the APR website in the «Search» section by name, TIN or registration number of the company, you can find out how long it has been operating, whether it is successful, and what is in its financial reports. An investor who has been working in the red for a long time is a likely candidate for bankruptcy.
3. On the website of the National Bank of Serbia, you can check if the investor’s accounts are blocked.
4. Information from paragraphs 2 and 3, as well as other details, is convenient, by the way, to study on the Companywall website.
5. Forums where Serbs discuss new buildings. A lot of useful stuff interspersed with exciting stories about who likes to drink what cafe on the balcony. For example, in Belgrade it is Beobuild.